This beet and feta bruschetta recipe from Bowen Close is the perfect easy to make appetizer.
By Bowen Close
- 2 beets (we used two different colors, but I didn’t even know that until I cut into them)
- Feta or goat cheese
- Slices of baguette or other bread
- Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Fresh mint, chopped
- Slice the beets and grill until tender (checking with a fork is always a good way to tell).
- Grill or toast the slices of bread until lightly golden.
- Rub the bread with the raw garlic (cut the clove in half).
- Drizzle the oil over the bread.
- Places the slices of grilled beets on the bread, top with the cheese and mint.
Bowen Close believes that food should make people happy and healthy, and loves bringing together people with creative, delicious food made from the heart. She loves making farm-inspired, flavorful dishes with sustainable ingredients - whether that's a big plate of roasted veggies, a towering chocolate layer cake, or a cocktail utilizing backyard ingredients - and collects recipes and other food-related stories on her website, Bowen Appétit. She is a chef, cooking instructor, and food writer living in Southern California with her husband and fully stocked pantry.