A fun take on a root beer float. Dr. Pepper and peanut butter make a great combination in this creamy dessert.
One thing my parents never ever did was buy things at convenience stores. It was foreign that people would run in and get a candy bar and a drink when they got gas. But there was one exception, Dr. Pepper and peanuts.
My dad would pour a few peanuts in his Dr. Pepper and then take a swig. Today we are having Dr. Pepper floats with peanut butter fudge sauce.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup fat free half and half
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- Dr. Pepper
- 2-3 scoops vanilla bean ice cream
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. When mixture has melted and is smooth, slowly increase the heat until mixture begins to simmer.
- Let simmer 2 mins and remove from heat.
- Add additional half and half if you wish to make it smoother.
- To assemble the floats put 1-2 tbsp of warm peanut butter fudge in the bottom of a glass with 1 tbsp peanuts.
- Top with 2-3 scoops vanilla bean ice cream and pour Dr. Pepper over the ice cream until the glass is full.
- Garnish with additional peanut butter fudge if desired.
Annie is the gluten-free blogger behind Maebells that has a passion for revamping classic Southern comfort food into lighter, healthier, gluten-free meals. For more from Annie, head on over to her blog and connect with her on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.