Soft, scrumptious monster Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies with a peanut butter cheesecake filling and drizzled with chocolate glaze. Drool worthy.
By Denise Browning
I’m thrilled that I made these sandwich cookies. Man, oh man… These are one of the best cookies that I have ever had. If you are a follower of this blog, you know that I am not that crazy for cookies — although I do enjoy to munching them once and a while. For me to say that I did really enjoy these sandwich cookies, it is a big deal — and this is not only because I developed the recipe!
How couldn’t I enjoy soft, scrumptious, HUGE/MONSTER peanut butter cookies filled with peanut butter cheesecake and topped with chocolate drizzle? Only to talk about these peanut butter sandwich cookies make me drool over the keyboard. Yes… They are addictive — and perfect for parties and other occasions as well!
These are also one of those treats that I should not have often. For now, I will enjoy these super duper peanut butter sandwich cookies and may the Lord help me tomorrow when I step over the scale.
- 1½ cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups peanut butter (creamy)
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 to 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- To prepare the dough: In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together at medium speed until fluffy. Add the peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla. Beat just until combined (1-2 minutes).
- In a large bowl, sift and combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to the peanut butter mixture, beating at low speed until well incorporated.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for about 30 to 60 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling by blending its ingredients in a mixer until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (about 190° C). Line 2 to 3 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat, and set aside.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop about 20 cookies and place onto the lined baking sheets (about 2-inch apart from each other) and press the top of each cookie with the palm of your hand to flatten.
- Bake for 13 -15 minutes. Place baking sheet over a rack and let cookies cool enough to handling without breaking apart. Place 10 cookies face down and top each one with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the peanut butter cheesecake filling. Top each cookie with another cookie to form a sandwich. Set aside.
- Make the chocolate drizzle: Microwave both the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl at medium power (50%) for about 60 to 90 seconds and stir well. If necessary, heat again at 15-30 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Using a fork, drizzle melted chocolate over the sandwich cookies. Let drizzle set and enjoy!
Denise Browning is a native Brazilian foodie, trained Chef, cooking instructor, restaurant menu/recipe developer, and former lawyer. She is also the author of From Brazil To You - a blog that features Brazilian, fusion, and international dish recipes, stories, and photography of Brazil. Her writing has appeared in Cia Brasil Magazine, while her photography is frequently featured on Foodgawker, TasteSpotting, and Foodepix. She lives in Texas with her American husband and two children.