Faith Gorsky shows us one of her favorite milkshake recipes.
By Faith Gorsky
Healthy Peanut Butter, Banana and Honey Milkshake
My favorite milkshake recipe.
- Author: Faith Gorsky
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 4 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk, any kind you like (I used 1%, but you can use whatever you like)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (I used creamy, but you can use crunchy if you like)
- 1 tablespoon ground golden flaxseed (see note below)
- 2 teaspoons honey (preferably raw, local honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon organic raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 large banana, peeled, chopped into 6 pieces, and frozen
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao nibs, for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and sprinkle the cacao nibs on top, if using.
- Serve immediately, while it is super thick and creamy.
Flaxseed Substitution: You can use 1 tablespoon rolled oats instead of the ground flaxseed, or if you have flaxseeds on hand but no ground flaxseed, you can grind it yourself in a coffee grinder or food processor.
Vegan Option: Use a non-dairy “milk” (like soy, almond, etc.) and use pure maple syrup instead of honey.
Faith Gorsky is the writer, recipe developer, photographer, and food stylist behind the blog An Edible Mosaic. Her recently-released first cookbook, An Edible Mosaic: Middle Eastern Fare with Extraordinary Flair (Tuttle Publishing), is a collection of authentic Middle Eastern recipes handed down to her from her husband’s family during her extensive time spent in the Middle East. Faith loves to travel, especially to places steeped in rich culture and history.