Faith Gorsky shows us one of her favorite milkshake recipes.
By Faith Gorsky
- ½ cup (125 ml) milk, any kind you like (I used 1%, but you can use whatever you like)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (I used creamy, but you can use crunchy if you like)
- 1 tablespoon ground golden flaxseed (see note below)
- 2 teaspoons honey (preferably raw, local honey)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon organic raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 large banana, peeled, chopped into 6 pieces, and frozen
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao nibs, for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and sprinkle the cacao nibs on top, if using.
- Serve immediately, while it is super thick and creamy.
Faith Gorsky is the writer, recipe developer, photographer, and food stylist behind the blog An Edible Mosaic. Her recently-released first cookbook, An Edible Mosaic: Middle Eastern Fare with Extraordinary Flair (Tuttle Publishing), is a collection of authentic Middle Eastern recipes handed down to her from her husband’s family during her extensive time spent in the Middle East. Faith loves to travel, especially to places steeped in rich culture and history.