If this dip doesn’t get gobbled up right away, you can serve the leftovers on top of salad for lunch the next day.
By Sherron Watson
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup of green onions, diced
- ½ cup Franks hot sauce
- ½ cup Jack or Cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1.5 cups of cooked, diced chicken
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 celery stalks, diced for garnish
- Serve with celery sticks, crackers or fresh bread
- I used my crockpot to prepare this dip. If you wish to use your oven, preheat oven to 350. Use a pie dish and cook for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- To prepare in the crockpot: Add cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, green onions and hot sauce. Combine until mixed, it does not have to be smooth.
- Add cheese and chicken. Mix well.
- Cook on high for 2 -3 hours. Check every so often and stir.
- Transfer dip to a pie plate and garnish with blue cheese and celery pieces.
Sherron Watson is a writer and photographer. Her passion for food started at a young age while working with her family in their restaurant business. A career in photography gave her the experience she needed to start capturing images of her favorite dishes. This led to the creation of her blog: simply-gourmet.com. She is currently a food writer for Capital Style Magazine in Annapolis, MD.