This elegant but unfussy dinner is quick and easy to prepare and provides a fish option that doesn’t require firing up the grill.
By Jill Nammar
Oven-Baked Fish with Lemon Herb Sauce
This elegant but unfussy dinner is quick and easy to prepare and provides a fish option that doesn't require firing up the grill.
Author: Jill Nammar
Recipe Type: Main
For The Baked Fish You'll Need:
- About a pound of fish, cut into two pieces. Cod, flounder, marlin, halibut or salmon are all great choices. I used marlin in this recipe.
- A drizzle of olive oil
- A sprinkle of sea salt
For The Lemon Herb Sauce You'll Need:
- A handful of fresh dill
- A handful of fresh mint
- A handful of fresh parsley
- 1-2 lemons, zest half of one and reserve the zest
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- A few pinches of sea salt
- A tablespoon or two of water
- Place the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 375. Place fish in a baking pan with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake it for about 15-25 minutes, depending on the size and type of your fillets. Check after 15 minutes for doneness. In my oven, with cold fish coming directly out of the fridge, it takes usually 20-25 minutes for marlin, salmon and halibut. Cod and flounder, which are lighter and flakier take less time. I prefer the inside of the fish to be cooked through but still juicy. Every oven is different so keep a watchful eye.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon herb sauce by putting the dill, mint, parsley, lemon zest, salt and olive oil in a food processor. Process until the herbs and olive oil become a paste, adding a few squeezes of lemon juice and a tablespoon of water to loosen the mixture. Taste and adjust the salt and lemon juice. If the mixture seem too thick, add a little more water.
- Serve the sauce spooned over the baked fish. There will be a little extra sauce which can be tossed into steamed green beans or cooked peas for a fresh and delicious dinner. Serve the fish and herb sauce with lemon wedges and any of the other suggestions in the notes section. Enjoy!