This Oriental rice with nuts and fresh herbs is a perfect recipe for some light summertime cooking. Easy, fast and utterly delicious.
By Manar Magdy
Oriental Rice with Nuts
- Author: Manar Magdy
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
amazing Basmati rice with mixed nuts and a little bit of fresh herbs
- wash rice well and soak it in warm water for 20 minutes.
- heat oil and butter in a deep pan.
- now add hazelnuts and almonds and stir until golden.
- keep them aside then add onion and raisins in the same pan.
- stir until nice golden.
- keep all nuts with onion and raisins in the strainer aside.
- in the same pan add one Tbsp of oil.
- now add rice, salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- add chicken stock and stir one more time.
- cover the pan and keep it on low heat for 15 minutes.
- serve rice with mixed nuts and fresh dill and parsley .
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Side
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 600
Manar Magdy is a food blogger and editor that holds a diploma in nutrition, health and diet science. She loves cooking and sharing her recipes, something that pushed her to create a blog and start writing and sharing recipes over the internet.
sounds good but there is no listing for how much chicken stock to use. :(