This soft, citrusy cake is made without eggs or butter and is delicious served with afternoon tea.
By Anita Mokashi
- All-purpose flour/Maida – 1.5 cups
- Granulated Sugar – 1 cup
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – ½ teaspoon
- Orange juice – 1½ cup, (fresh or store bought)
- Oil – ⅓ cup (any vegetable oil)
- Grated orange zest – 1 teaspoon
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder in one bowl.
- Now add oil, orange juice and orange zest to the mixture and blend well.
- Bake in oven for 40 mins at 250 degrees or until knife inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Anita Mokashi is based in California, but born and brought up in Mumbai, India. Her blog Crave Cook Click is mostly about Indian cooking, but occasionally she shares recipes from other cultures and cuisines too. Anita is also the publisher of a popular photography blog.