These muffins are filled with wholesome goodness of wheat germ, whole wheat, oranges and apples so they make a perfect treat for breakfast, or as that in between meal snack or for a tiny tot’s lunch box.
By Nandita Nataraj
Orange Raisin Wheat Germ Muffins
These muffins are filled with wholesome goodness of wheat germ, whole wheat, oranges and apples so they make a perfect treat for breakfast, or as that in between meal snack or for a tiny tot's lunch box.
Author: Nandita Nataraj
Recipe Type: Baking
Serves: 12 muffins
- All pulse flour or maida- 1cup
- Whole wheat pastry flour- ½ cup
- Wheat germ- ½ cup, lightly toasted
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Baking soda- ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder- ½tsp
- Nutmeg powder- ⅛ tsp
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Brown sugar- ½ cup
- Canola oil- ¼cup
- Freshly squeezed Orange juice- ½ cup
- Unsweetened apple sauce -1/2cup
- Orange zest- 1tspn
- Dark raisins- ½cup
- Combine the all purpose flour,whole wheaastry flour,baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well and sift twice.
- In another large bowl,combine and the oil, sugar,orange juice, apple sauce and, orange zest and beat well till airy.
- Combine the the wet ingredients with the dry. Stir intheorsnge zest and the raisins and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the batter into greased muffin pan and bakeinthepreheated oven for 20-25mins or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5min before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The raisins can be replaced with dried cranberries
- Dust the raisins with ½ tsp of flour to prevent them from sink.
- The wheat germ can be replaced with oats.
- the whole wheat flour can be replaced with all purpose flour to make it lighter.