This cake has the texture of a pound cake and gets its flavor from fresh orange juice.
By Nisa Homey
- Butter: ½ cup/1 stick (I used unsalted homemade butter)
- Sugar: 1 cup.
- Flour: 2 cups.
- Eggs: 3
- Fresh Orange Juice: 1 cup.
- Salt: ½ tsp
- Baking powder: 2 tsp.
- Orange rind: 1 tsp.
- I used fresh orange, and needed this much orange to get 1 cup of juice. Take the juice and keep it aside. Meanwhile preheat oven to 180 degree C (350) and grease and flour a standard baking tray. I used glass baking tray.
- Cream butter and sugar, I used granulated sugar. so cream for about a min.
- Add in 3 eggs and cream again, for about 2 min or until fluffy and creamy.
- Add in the sifted flour, 2 tsp baking powder, and salt. If you are using salted butter, omit the salt.
- Finally add in the 1 cup of fresh orange juice and cream or fold lightly. The batter should be fluffy and spongy, not loose so when you add orange juice add accordingly until you get the consistency. You might need a little more or little less.
- This is the fluffy spongy batter we are looking for. Pop in your fingers and check if everything is okay!
- And lastly the orange rind, fold in!
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree C for 30-35 min or until done.
- Outta oven!! and the kitchen smelled heaven!
- Serve while warm!
Nisa Homey is a lawyer by profession, now a full time stay-at-home mom. Cooking is Nisa's passion but blogging about food just happened. Nisa loves cooking for her family and kids, and her focus is to let everyone know just how easy cooking can actually be.