Ever run into a situation where you need a batch of cookies quickly? This recipe is perfect.
By Brady Evans
Ever run into a situation where you need a batch of cookies quickly? This recipe is perfect. It is free of two allergens: wheat and peanuts. It is a one-pot recipe: everything is mixed stovetop. It is no-bake: make the cookies one evening and allow them to set up overnight. And most importantly: it is a crowd-pleaser!
- 1 stick butter (1/4 pound, 115 grams)
- ½ cup (120 mL) milk
- 2 cups (475 mL) white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 T cocoa powder
- 3½ cups (830 mL) rolled oats
- Melt butter, sugar, and milk in a saucepan on the stove over medium heat. Boil 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and cocoa powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Add oats in 4 increments, stirring completely between additions.
- Remove from heat and drop by tablespoonful onto aluminum foil or waxed paper.