Tania Cusack serves a delicious chocolate tart you don’t have to turn on your oven to make.
By Tania Cusack
Make sure you make it with the best quality Chocolate. It is also spectacular with some flavoured chocolate grated on top. Try Lindt chilli chocolate or orange or mint or any other flavour you fancy. You are officially gonna hate me when you’ve polished this off.
- 250gm (8.5oz) granita or Graham cracker biscuits or amaretti
- 100gm (3.5oz) butter
- 1 Tablespoon golden Syrup( if unavailable honey or brown sugar)
- 200gm dark Chocolate (7 ozs)
- 200ml Thickened cream (7 oz)( whipped)
- 1 tablespoon pure icing sugar (confectioners)
- 50gm (1.7oz) extra chocolate grated ( large side of a grater) this can be chilli chocolate or mint or any flavour you like
- Melt the butter and golden syrup.
- Put the biscuits in a food processor and crush
- Add butter and syrup and blitz to combine
- Press into a 24 cm tin with a removable bottom (any shape or even single serve tins will work ). Press in the tins and chill for 30 minutes or freeze for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and icing sugar over a double boiler till just melted and cool slightly. Briskly mix a spoon of whipped cream into the chocolate to temper it then continue with increasing amounts, folding as the cream becomes incorporated . This is the only pressure point. If too much cream is added to start the chocolate will set and streak due to the cold cream. Fold gradually
- Pour over the crumb base ( this can be sprinkled with crushed praline or nuts before adding the chocolate if you want)
- Spread the chocolate till smooth and sprinkle over grated chocolate to finish