Serve this Thai-inspired dish with rice or throw some cooked Quinoa or barley into the sauce before serving.
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 Tablespoon of grated ginger
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon green curry paste ( more if you want)
- 1 kg pack of cleaned mussels
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ bunch of chopped coriander
- 1 cup coconut milk or cream or ½ stock / ½ coconut
- 2 tablespoons fried eshallots ( from Asian stores)
- Choose a medium sized deep heavy pot. Heat the pot gently and add the oil, onion, garlic, ginger and green curry paste and sweat on low till translucent.
- Add the sugar, fish sauce and coconut milk and bring up to the boil. Taste (does it need more sugar or anything else?)
- Add the drained mussels and add a lid. Bring back up to the boil then take off the heat. Shake the pot occasionally till the mussels are opened.
- Sprinkle over chopped coriander & fried eschallots
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Main