These easy, succulent mushroom and beef kabobs are perfect for a backyard BBQ, especially this Labor Day weekend. Pair them with a Beaujolais red wine for a delicious meal.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds lean beef round or chuck (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 12–16 mushroom caps
- boiling water
- Mix oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Pour into a zip-close bag and add beef cubes.
- Seal bag & refrigerate 10 min
- When ready to cook, preheat grill.
- In a large bowl, pour boiling water over the mushrooms & let stand a few minutes.
- Drain mushrooms & thread onto skewers, alternating between marinated meat & mushrooms.
- Grill over hot coals for 5-7 minutes with lid down.
- Turn skewers and grill for 5-7 more minutes with lid up.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Category: Main