Honest Cooking contributor, Veronica Lavenia, is out with her newest cookbook that focuses on natural, simple Italian cooking that ignores food fads and makes delicious, simplified meals with less ingredeints and fewer steps.
A Modern Italian Table: The Bible of Italian Cooking has debuted another stunning book highlighting Italian cuisine in a new and approachable way. The book is full of simple photography with approachable recipes that are rich in flavor. In this publication, Veronica really lives out her motto that less is more when it comes to ingredeints. The book relies on vegetables or nutritious grains to be the basis of the dish and completes itself with vegetarian proteins. Check out the images and recipe below for a peek inside.
Puff Pastry with Grilled Eggplant, Tomatoes and Pepper Sauce
Dried Fruit Truffles
This cookbook is a perfect reminder that modern Italian cuisine can be simple, beautiful, rich in flavor and loaded with nutrients. It takes each reader back to the roots of an Italian home kitchen, leaving elegance by the wayside, but bring flavor along in full force.
Dried Fruit TrufflesVeronica Lavenia
- 80 g 23/4 oz raisins (palm oil free)
- 50 g 13/4 oz dried figs
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 5 Medjool dates
- 100 g 31/2 oz 70% dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachio
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted hazelnuts (or
- almonds walnuts)
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut flakes
- Wash the raisins and soak in warm water. Drain, dry and put in a blender along with the hazelnuts, figs and
- dates, both chopped.
- Blend until you have a smooth dough. Remove a small amount of dough and make small balls. Cool down
- the balls in the fridge.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Allow to cool.
- Dip the balls in chocolate. Garnish with the pistachio, hazelnuts, coconut flakes and/or other dried fruit.
- Allow the chocolate to thicken at room temperature and store the truffles in the refrigerator until ready to
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.