Delicious as a dessert or breakfast treat, these date cakes are soft and rich with a hint of cocoa and no eggs.
By Sanjeeta Kk
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 20 Dates
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven at 180°C (350F) and grease mini donut moulds or pans.
- Remove pits from all the dates.
- Bring milk to boil and soak de-pitted Dates in it for 10 minutes.
- Blend milk, soaked Dates and sugar to make a smooth puree.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of flour mix and pour the Date puree in it.
- Gently fold in all the ingredients to mix with a spatula. Pour the batter in the mini donuts moulds and bake for 15-20 minutes or till done
Sanjeeta kk is the author of food blog ‘Lite Bite’ which features vegetarian recipes. Her quest for egg free baking and healthy cooking is extensively shared though all her recipes. She likes to share stories behind the origin of her recipes which are easy and accessible. Homemade, unprocessed and healthy food is what she strives for each day. She defines food as nostalgic, comforting & an important factor to connect with people and make community