Image – Park Adler Hotel, Black Forest Highlands
Succulent, tender and oh so juicy.
A visit to a 12th-century luxury hotel in the heart of the Black Forest Highlands can only be perfectly experienced at the 5-star Park Hotel Adler
Chef Bernhard König, executive chef shares his recipe for Beef strip Loin with Michelle Tchea’sPrint
beef strip loin with onions
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 4 pieces of beef loin
- à 180 g, preferably heifer
- clarified butter
- 4 medium sized onions
- fresh thyme
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Heat a fry pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the meat in the pan with clarified butter and fresh thyme to the desired doneness. Let rest.
- Peel the onions. Cut into fine slices.
- Sear the onions in butter until soft. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the mustard.
- Cut the two remaining onions with a vegetable slicer into fine rings.
- Deep fry in 170 °C hot oil.
- Top the cooked meat with the mustard onions and serve with the fried onions.
- Serve with roasted potatoes, if desired.
Michelle Tchea is a 4-time bestselling author. Her books include, Building a Perfect Meal, My Little SoHo Kitchen, Signature Dishes (Australia's Best) and Chefs Collective. Her work can be found in other leading luxury travel and food magazines including Travel+Leisure Asia, SMILE, NUVO Magazine and The Telegraph