Kelsey Hilts decides to drop the beef and serve a fantastic turkey burger for Labor Day weekend.
Text And Photo By Kelsey Hilts
You won’t miss the beef with these turkey burgers that are tender, flavorful and juicy…and easy to throw together. They are a staple dinner in my household, especially during the summer months.
My family liked the idea of having a turkey burger with turkey bacon, but after trying that once we decided that if we are going to have bacon we’d rather have the real thing. So we typically serve our turkey burgers with bacon, avocado slices, red bell pepper slices, lettuce and ketchup but you can use the condiments of your choice.
- 1 – 1¼ (0.5 kg) pound ground turkey
- ½ of a red bell pepper, chopped (or 1 serrano pepper, chopped)
- 3 Tbsp (23g) crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup (60g) shredded Jack cheese
- 1-2 tsp (2.5-5g) paprika
- 1-2 tsp (2.5-5g) cayenne pepper
- 5 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- Red bell pepper
- Tomato, etc.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and shape the meat into four hamburger patties.
- Grill the burgers on the BBQ or cook them on the stovetop.
- To cook them on the stovetop, lightly coat a pan with cooking oil and cook the burgers at medium heat for 7-10 minutes on each side.
- To help the burgers cook all the way through, cover the pan while they are cooking.
- Assemble the burgers with the condiments of your choice.