A traditional dish shared throughout Mediterranean countries, Potatoes in Tomato Sauce is a quick and delicious dish to be served alongside any meat or fish.
- 2 lb potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoons dry oregano (or basil or parsley)
- salt (pepper)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Fry onions in olive oil until soft.
- Add garlic, potatoes, tomato sauce and enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about ½ hour or until potatoes are cooked through, stirring from time to time.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for the next day.
- Category: Primi