This salad dressing is so delicious and unexpected. If you have fresh mangoes lying around without a place to go, the solution is right here.
This salad dressing is definitely a must-try! It’s sweet and slightly tangy with a kick of heat. If you’re not sure where to use this, I suggest making my delicious Sesame-Crusted Tuna Salad. You could also substitute the tuna with some grilled shrimp, or simply keep it vegetarian with just lettuce, cucumbers, and avocados.
No matter where you use this dressing, I think it’ll help you imagine the warm spring and early summer days ahead of us. Maybe it’s my Florida Keys post, but all I can imagine is lying on the beach with a cocktail in hand (the perfect salad chaser). Hope you give this one a try!
- 1 C ripe mango cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¼- ½ tsp finely chopped hot red chili pepper
- 2 T lime juice
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 T canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil or additional canola oil
- Kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper
- In a food processor, puree together the mango and chili. Strain through a sieve to remove any fibrous pulp. Return to food processor or a blender. Add lime juice and vinegar and pulse to combine. Slowly stream in oils, while machine is running. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy.
My Three Seasons represents the 3 key factors that are most important to me in cooking. #1 Seasonal ingredients #2 Proper Seasoning (don't skimp on that salt!) #3 Cooking like a Seasoned chef (technique is everything). My name's Sabrina. I live in NYC. I'm a registered dietitian with professional cooking and food styling experience. Come cook with me.