If you can get your hands on arugula then please use it instead of basil for this recipe. That said, basil tastes pretty good too.
By Pallavi Gupta
Its a super fast & an easy preparation – give it a go and let me know if you like the flavors, because if you do…I will try to come up with more recipes in the future with combinations like this.
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- Mix both ingredients in a non reactive metal pan.
- On medium low cook till the mixture reduces into a thick sauce. Let cool at room temperature.
- Goat cheese
- 1 ripe mango, cut into bite size dices
- ½ loaf french baguette, cut into slices
- some basil leaves
- Toast the baguette in the oven for 2 minutes till the bread gets a little bite.
- Generously smear goat cheese on the baguette slices.
- Top the crostini with few pieces of mango.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction and garnish the crostini with fresh basil leaves. Serve right away.
Pallavi is a vegetarian globetrotter, who currently lives in the southern part of India. Past ten years of her life includes living in six cities in three different countries. It has added to her vast exposure of cuisines from different parts of the world which is now reflected in her cooking. She shares her knowledge of vegetarian and vegan recipe from around the world via her blog Veggie Zest. When not cooking or photographing, she does graphic design.