Pastry crust made with tangy yogurt creates a delicate taste and a softness that makes the flaky pastry base all the more tempting.
By Veronica Lavenia
Photos by G. Giustolisi
Pastry crust made with yogurt has a delicate taste and a softness that makes it even more tempting. Choose a good quality plain yogurt and your crust will be special. Rice flour brings this dough together for the added bonus of great flavor and being gluten free.
- 200 g (7 oz) butter
- 100 g (3½ oz-½ cup) raw sugar
- 1 whole egg and one egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder Bourbon
- 400 g rice flour
- 1 teaspoon organic baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Jam or hazelnut spread to taste
- Knead the butter with the sugar, then add eggs.
- Add yogurt, vanilla and continue to mix the ingredients.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, pinch of salt and knead quickly.
- Form a loaf and let it sit in the fridge for an hour and a half.
- Roll out the pastry and gently lying on stencils.
- Bake, in preheated oven, at 180°C (350° F/gas 4), for 25 minutes.
- Stuffed with jam or hazelnut spread to taste.