Ghee butter can be used in a variety of savory dishes as well as traditional Indian and Pakistani desserts. The curry leaves add a nutty flavor and an alluring aroma. Homemade ghee ( clarified butter) is very easy to make and all you need is a good pan. The ghee keeps well for up to 2 weeks at room temperature, or up to a month in the fridge.
- 250g unsalted butter
- a pinch of salt
- few sprigs curry leaves
- In a pan, melt the butter on low heat.
- Skim off the foam on top, and discard.
- The remaining melted butter will be very clear, like golden liquid.
- Pour the ghee in a jar, add pinch of salt.
- Add curry leaves ( optional ) for added aroma.
- Cook Time: 10 mins