This salad is a refreshing side dish perfect for the spring and summer seasons. The tartness of the lemon and the rich parmesan cheese is a perfect pair that will surprise everyone. Make your own croutons if you choose, and voila!
By Mallory Davis
- 2 bunches kale, chopped and ribs removed
- 1 cup plus a few pinches parmesan cheese
- 1 cup croutons (homemade or store bought)
- Juice from 3 lemons
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Rinse and dry kale. Remove ribs and cut into ¼ inch strips.
- In a large bowl, mix together kale, lemon, walnuts, croutons and parmesan cheese.
- Squeeze lemons over salad.
- Drizzle olive oil and mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinke with remaining parmesan cheese.
Mallory was born and raised in Monterey, California. She has a degree in Broadcast Journalism with an emphasis in sports broadcasting. Although baking and cooking were a favorite part of her childhood; a diagnosis of Celiac Disease is what really set off her passion for food. The diagnosis encouraged her to start cooking and experimenting a lot more. She enjoys making up new and unique recipes to fit her and others' diets (always making sure to include chocolate whenever possible).