Feel free to add extra heat, protein or whatever else strikes your fancy to this awesome recipe.
By Carly DeFilippo
- 8 cups broth (of choice – I used a combo of chicken and vegetable)
- 1 head *napa cabbage, roughly chopped (bite size)
- ½ jar kimchi
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ jalapeno, small dice
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- ½ tbsp tumeric
- 1 tbsp paprika
- salt (to taste)
- Quickly heat tomato paste in the bottom of your soup pot, over medium heat. Add broth and turn to high heat.
- Add kimchi, lemon juice, napa cabbage and jalapeno.
- Once mixture is fully heated, add ginger powder, tumeric, paprika, salt and stir. (Adjust spices/salt to your personal taste, as needed.)
- Heat until stalks of napa cabbage are tender. Serve piping hot.
Carly is a Contributing Writer at Honest Cooking. Though the first line of her college application essay was "I love tunafish," it wasn't until she pursued graduate studies in Paris that she ever considered a future in food. Based in Manhattan, Carly is a freelance writer and the co-founder of Cognoscenti Creative, a boutique branding agency dedicated to establishing artisans as influencers.