Whatever season, fruits are always refreshing to enjoy and fun for kids to get creative with.
By Pushpa Kumar
Whatever season we may be in fruits are always refreshing to enjoy. To me the melon varieties are the most refreshing. Here I have used small cookie cutters to cut out the shapes. Kids can cut them out by themselves with a little help from the elders. Its a fun project to do and makes a great salad for parties.
- Half a Cantaloupe
- Half a Watermelon-Small
- 10 mint leaves
- Juice of one lemon
- A good spoonful of honey
- Few pinches of salt and sugar
- Small sized cookie cutters
- Wash the fruits and cut then in half.
- Scoop the seeds off the cantaloupe.
- Then slice the half in circles.
- Using small sized cookie cutters cut out fruit shapes and place them in a bowl.
- In another small bowl,mix to blend well lemon juice,finely chopped mint leaves,honey,salt,sugar.
- Pour over the fruits and mix gently to coat.
- Set aside for a few hours before being served.
Pushpa lives in Southern California.She loves listening to good music,travelling and enjoys photography.Her blog Taste as You Cook reflects her experiments in the kitchen.