Try this hearty soup full of super nutritional veggies that won’t leave you missing the meat.
By Vicky Cohen and Ruth Fox
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1- 10oz bag of chopped kale
- 1- 32oz container of organic vegetable broth (we used Pacific)
- 3 cups water
- 1- 15oz can organic cannellini beans (we use Eden Foods)
- ½ to 1 tsp salt ( to taste)
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp allspice
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- ½ cup raw quinoa
- In a large soup pot, saute garlic and kale at medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, water, beans, salt and spices. Bring to a boil, add quinoa and simmer for simmer 20 minutes.
We are two sisters born and raised in Barcelona, Spain, with Sephardic and Middle Eastern roots. We grew up eating the best, most flavorful, comforting home-cooked meals prepared by our mom, who taught us everything we know about cooking. When we moved here to the U.S. we felt it was really important to keep our traditions and background alive, and we've done so by sharing it with everyone we've met throughout the years. After all, what better way to make new friends and share our love and culture than through food, right? Our friends have come to enjoy our food and gatherings so much that are always asking us for our recipes. That inspired us to start a cooking blog called "May I have that recipe" where we share recipes we've created inspired by our multicultural background.