Try this hearty soup full of super nutritional veggies that won’t leave you missing the meat.
By Vicky Cohen and Ruth Fox
Kale and Cannellini Bean Soup
Try this hearty soup full of super nutritional veggies that won't leave you missing the meat.
Author: Vicky Cohen and Ruth Fox
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1- 10oz bag of chopped kale
- 1- 32oz container of organic vegetable broth (we used Pacific)
- 3 cups water
- 1- 15oz can organic cannellini beans (we use Eden Foods)
- ½ to 1 tsp salt ( to taste)
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp allspice
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- ½ cup raw quinoa
- In a large soup pot, saute garlic and kale at medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, water, beans, salt and spices. Bring to a boil, add quinoa and simmer for simmer 20 minutes.