PARTNER POST: Get ready to feed a holiday crowd with appetizer recipes paired perfectly with food-friendly Cavit wines.
Jalapeños, loads of cheese, and bacon are nestled in a square of puff pastry for the perfect winter or game day bite, paired easily with a glass of Pinot Grigio.
Let’s take a quick break from Christmas sweets and get down on cheesy jalapeño popper puffs appetizers. These are easy to make, look fancy, and go great with a glass of wine. They would also make a killer game day snack!
I must have the holidays on the brain, but who doesn’t? We’re right in the midst the it. These remind me of a Christmas cookie. The chopped jalapeño and bits of bacon are the sprinkles and the cheese is the frosting. Do you see it?
Anyway, they’re not cookies, but I could probably inhale them as fast as I do cookies.
My mom makes a killer dip every Christmas Eve. These jalapeño popper bites are totally inspired by it. I’m positive she wouldn’t know what to do with puff pastry, but it makes the best crust. It’s so light and flaky. With all of the tasty cheese loaded in the center, a bit of airiness is a good thing.
Forget the eggnog this year, I’m going to bring some Cavit Pinot Grigio wine to the party. It smells as good as it tastes. It’s bright, fruity, and basically my new obsession.
For another easy holiday appetizer, try these lamb bites. Recipe here.
- 1 pkg 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- ? cup jalapenos finely diced
- ¼ cup crispy bacon finely chopped
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- ¾ cup mild cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Lay out the puff pastry sheet flat. Cut it into thirds vertically and then horizontally so you have 9 equal squares.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add in the jalapenos, bacon, pepper jack and cheddar cheese, and cream cheese, Wood it with a wooden spoon until the cream cheese is thoroughly incorporated. You want the cream cheese to act as a binder for the other cheeses, jalapenos, and bacon.
- Add the egg into a small bowl with 2 tsp. water. Whisk with a fork to combine.
- Brush the egg wash on top of the puff pastry squares.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the jalapeno popper filling to the center of the puff pastry. I rolled mine into a ball and placed it into the center of the pastry.
- Place into the oven and bake for 18 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and eat immediately.
I'm Miranda. I'm a self-taught baker, recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the blog http://cookiedoughandovenmitt.com. When I'm not satisfying sweet teeth, I can be found spending time with my family, reading cookbooks, attempting crafts and crocheting.