Delicious cheesy, spicy and fragment scones are great with eggs, soup, or a snack.
By Swathi Iyer
Jalapeño Cheddar and Cumin Scones
Delicious cheesy, spicy and fragment scones are great with eggs, soup, or a snack. This recipe is adapted from New york Magazine
Author: Swathi Iyer
Recipe Type: Baking
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 tbs. cold butter, diced
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½. sharp Cheddar cheese, diced
- 2 small jalapeño pepper, minced ( about ½ cup chopped)
- Egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tsp. water)
- Preheat oven to 400. In a small skillet, melt ½ tablespoon of butter.
- Sauté jalapeños until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Place in a small bowl with Cheddar cheese and coat with 1 tbs. of flour.
- In another bowl, combine the rest of the flour with baking powder , cumin and salt. Cut in remaining butter with a fork until the butter is pea-size.
- Lightly whip eggs and cream and add to the flour-and-butter mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold mixture until it begins to come together.
- Add the Cheddar-and-jalapeño mixture to the dough and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Turn out the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead gently for less than one minute.
- Roll dough ¾- to 1-inch thick and cut into 8 triangles.
- Brush with egg wash and place on parchment.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.