Enhance the flavors of soft goat cheese and traditional Italian nuts when they are combined for this decadent appetizer.
Image by G.Giustolisi
Soft goat cheese is one of the Italian specialty cheeses. A good goat’s milk cheese has a strong but not intrusive flavor. One of the classic Italian appetizers calls for it served as small truffles cover with dried fruit grain. Chopped pistachios fits perfectly with this cheese, allowing you to recognize and enhance both flavors.
Italian Goat Cheese TrufflesVeronica Lavenia
- 200 g 7 oz Italian caprino soft cheese (soft goat cheese) or other soft cheese
- 100 g 3½ oz-½ cup chopped pistachios
- Take small portions of cheese and formed into balls.
- Dip the mini cheese balls over the chopped pistachios.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve
Veronica is a born and raised Italian. She inherited her love for travel, passion for cooking and natural, sustainable, healthy slow food from her parents. Her works have appeared in 'Vegetarian Living', 'Veggie Magazine', 'Lifestyle food', 'Australian Good Food & Travel Guide', 'Chickpea' and 'Free from Heaven', among others. She is the author of "Panini: the simple tastes of Italian style bread"; 'The Rustic Italian bakery", "The Vegetarian Italian Kitchen" and "A Modern Italian table", published by New Holland Publishers Australia.