This post is sponsored by Cavit. Inspire your pairings and recipes with new wine ideas.
Grab a skillet and make this one-pan Italian sausage meal for dinner and enter for a chance to win a trip for two to Italy.
If you love to cook, travel and drink wine, we have the perfect contest for you to enter! Located in Northern Italy, Cavit wines wants you to experience it’s picturesque landscape of mountains, lakes, orchards, vineyards and medieval castles. Submit your tried and true Italian-inspired recipe, it can be an appetizer, entree or dessert to enter for a chance to win a trip for two to Italy with Cavit.
Want in? Click the link below, complete the entry form and submit your Italian-inspired recipe. All entries must be submitted by March 31, 2018. Good luck!
No purchase necessary. Must be 21 or older to enter. Void where prohibited. Begins 1/1/18, ends 3/31/18. Estimated retail value of the prize $5,000. For official rules and alternate method of entry, visit cavit.com/herestoitaly.Print
Italian Sausage Skillet Paired with Cavit Riesling
- 4 about Italian sausages
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ white onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Eggplant (sliced)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 bunches Broccolini (or other vegetable like zucchini)
- ½ tablespoon Oregano (dried)
- ½ tablespoon Basil (dried (can be fresh too))
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parmesan (to garnish)
- Heat skillet with oil, cook sausage links. Remove from pan and slice.
- Add more oil to the pan and saute garlic and onions. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and push down/stir so they burst.
- Add herbs, broccilini and eggplant. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender. Add sausage back in and stir to combine. Season to taste.
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil to combine.
- Top with parmesan before serving.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. We strive to create an inspiring place for culinary exploration, salivating recipes, interesting personalities and stories.