Carrots are one of the most versatile sweet or savory ingredients. Whip up this sauce with Sicilian capers and enjoy on bruschetta or in panini.
Recipe from Panini: the simple tastes of Italian style bread (New Holland Publishers)
A source of inspiration for many recipes – both sweet and savory – carrots are one of the most versatile and tasty vegetables.
This sauce is a fresh and light idea to use carrots in a different way. Sicilian capers give
a truly unique flavor to a very tempting sauce. Great for stuffing toast and classic panini, or over a slice of hot bruschetta, this sauce is a delight to try.
- 2 large carrots
- the juice of one lemon
- a pinch of sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 10 desalted Sicilian capers
- 4 slices rustic bread
- Peel and dice carrots. Blend them with the lemon juice and salt. Add the olive oil,
- diluting, if necessary, with half a glass of water.
- Spread over the slices of toasted rustic bread, add capers and serve immediately
- to prevent oxidation.