This classic breakfast bread is made without sugar here but it’s often served slightly sweet or studded with raisins.
By Cinta Farnos
- 220g white flour
- 220g whole wheat flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- 440ml buttermilk.
- Preheat the oven to 190º.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda and salt.
- With the help of an spatula or spoon, start adding the buttermilk and mixing it together. Try not no add all the buttermilk at once so we could incorporate it if the dough needs it.
- Once combined, transfer it to a floured surface and knead just to make a round.
- Place the round on your baking sheet and, wiht a scissors, cut a X on the surface.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Cinta Farnós is a passionate food blogger, food photography trainee and a political scientist behind her blog, Trossets de cuina. Living in Barcelona, a bit obsessed with the "homemade" idea, when not working or baking, she constantly looks for new projects, new recipes and new places to go.