We’re a family of coffee lovers, so we just had to include this intense and ?heady ice cream. It’s smooth, it’s rich, and it’s dreamy. It’s also the ultimate end ?to a dinner party. Jude’s Flat White Coffee Ice Cream has bagged a Great Taste award and remains one of our personal all-time favourites. We’ve recreated the ?flavour here so you can make the magic at home for friends and family.
- 75 ml 2½fl oz strong coffee ? (2 generous shots)
- 175 g 6oz icing sugar
- 500 ml 18fl oz double cream
- Pinch of ground coffee (to serve)
- Make the coffee using a cafetière and pour into a large bowl. Add the icing sugar and whisk until dissolved. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before pouring in the double cream. Using an electric handheld whisk, beat for 4–5 minutes until thick, voluminous soft peaks form and the whisk leaves a trail over the surface.
- Spoon the ice-cream base into an airtight, freezer-proof container and put in the freezer for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight, until firm. Remove from the freezer and allow the ice cream to soften for 5–10 minutes before scooping. Serve with a sprinkling ?of ground coffee on top.
- Category: Ice Cream