A twist on a breakfast chicken biscuit sandwich using a mix of sweet and savory hot honey.
Breakfast is one of our favorite meals; Jackie and I like to eat typical breakfast food for any meal of the day. It can be as simple as a bowl of Grape Nuts cereal, topped with milk and heated slightly. This is not my favorite food, but I like the fact that Jackie likes it, and it makes me smile to think of her enjoying this cereal that I do not have the same affinity for. My kind of breakfast would definitely include potatoes (if they are available). If not, I usually eat leftovers from dinner: pizza, pasta, soup or pretty much anything in the refrigerator.
Hot Honey Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich is making its way into the rotation though, ever since we found our biscuit recipe that we love. We seem to have biscuits quite often, and turning this beautiful bread into a sandwich seemed like a no-brainer. What we love is that the chicken is easy to prepare (it can be made a day or two ahead and heated in the oven while your eggs and bacon are cooking). The flavors are simple but round this sandwich out perfectly by adding bacon and a hot honey, complemented perfectly by the creaminess of the egg yolk.
My guess is that you will like this Chicken and Biscuit Sandwich recipe, and that you will discover many new ways to serve it. For breakfast, lunch or dinner, this makes for one great-tasting meal.
Click HERE for our biscuit recipe.
- 1, 8oz boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 4 biscuits (click the link above for our homemade biscuit recipe)
- 5 eggs
- ½ C rice flour
- ¼ C all purpose flour
- ¼ C milk
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 slices bacon
- ¼ C honey
- 1 tsp hot chili oil
- ½ C canola oil
- To make chicken: place chicken breast in between plastic film and pound chicken to flatten to a consistent thickness.
- Cut chicken into 4 equal pieces.
- In a medium bowl crack one egg and whisk and add milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine both flours and add salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix.
- Using a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Bread chicken pieces by placing in flour mixture to coat and then dip in egg mixture and then back in flour mixture and repeat.
- Place floured chicken pieces in oil and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and allow to drain on plate lined with paper towels.
- Split biscuits and place chicken and top with a mixture of the honey and chili oil by mixing the two together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle honey on chicken and then top with bacon and fried egg.
- Top with biscuit top and enjoy