With plenty of garlic, cinnamon, chili powder, and ginger these drumsticks come with a kick. These tender legs are a great backyard finger food.
By Sarah Khanna
- 1 kg of chicken drumsticks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup of vegetable oil + 3 tablespoons for cooking
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1.5 teaspoon of chili powder
- 2.5 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 250 ml of chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Excluding the chicken drumsticks, beat the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Add the chicken and marinate for at least 8-12 hours.
- Place a large frying pan on the stove and heat until medium hot and separate the chicken drumsticks into three batches.
- For the first batch, brown on all sides then add approximately 80 ml of chicken stock and lower the heat. Cook for around 10-12 minutes until the chicken stock dries up entirely & the chicken is tender & nicely glazed.
- Continue to turn the drumsticks to gain even color for another 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Repeat with the next two batches. Allow the chicken to rest before serving.