Whip up this quick cake in no time and let the softness from the yogurt and delicate aroma from the honey elegantly satisfy your sweet tooth.
Recipe from “THE RUSTIC ITALIAN BAKERY” (New Holland Publishers Australia)
I love the softness and texture of this cake, it is also very quick to make so it has become the perfect breakfast treat. The yogurt and fresh cream mix are the key to this recipe. The delicate flavor, aroma and smoothness will keep for days.
- Author: Veronica Lavenia
- Yield: 8 -10 servings 1x
- Category: Baking, Cake
- 125 ml 4 fl oz plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon heavy fresh cream
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch of sea salt
- 100 ml 3 ½ fl oz raw honey
- 50 ml 2 fl oz extra virgin olive oil (or 75 ml/3 fl oz) organic cold-pressed) sunflower oil
- 300 g 11 oz white rice flour, sifted
- 15 g 1/2 oz organic baking powder
- 1 tsp organic “Bourbon” vanilla powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender for 2 minutes.
- Pour the dough into the cake tin, greased and floured, and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Veronica is a born and raised Italian. She inherited her love for travel, passion for cooking and natural, sustainable, healthy slow food from her parents. Her works have appeared in 'Vegetarian Living', 'Veggie Magazine', 'Lifestyle food', 'Australian Good Food & Travel Guide', 'Chickpea' and 'Free from Heaven', among others. She is the author of "Panini: the simple tastes of Italian style bread"; 'The Rustic Italian bakery", "The Vegetarian Italian Kitchen" and "A Modern Italian table", published by New Holland Publishers Australia.