So easy to make in pinch and perfect for a pick-me-up snack, Roasted Cashew Butter with Honey!
Nut butters have been getting a lot of attention and for good reason, they are a great source of goodness, great for a snack to get you through the afternoon slump or as a pick-me-up after a workout.
If I ever have a question about a particular food, the place I check is Well-Being Secrets, you can find a ton of information about so many foods there. Here’s a great article on 7 Surprising Nuts Great for Weight Loss that includes, yes that’s right, cashews.
You can easily make your own nut butters, raw or toasted, with a little patience and a food processor!
- 8 oz raw Cashews
- campaignIcon Coupons
- 1 - 2 Tbls. Honey, I like to use Wild Flower Honey
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment, trust me, you need parchment for this.
- Spread the Cashews onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle the Honey over the Cashews, stir them around a bit to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 - 10 minutes in the middle of the oven. Depending on how hot your oven gets, you might want to start checking after about 5 minutes.
- Remove Cashews from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, add the cooled, roasted Cashews and a pinch of Salt. Don't forget the Salt. Of course, you can opt out, but just that pinch balances the taste beautifully.
- Start to chop, you will have almost a powdery consistency at first. Keep pulsing away, the next state will cause to start clumping, keep going scraping down sides if needed.
- Finally, it will start to create a creamier texture after a few minutes. I think, mine took about 3 minutes. If needed, continue to chop/pulse until desired consistency.
- Don't give up if it's clumpy, you just need to continue to chop/puree and before you know it, you will Cashew Butter.
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- You can use any nut you prefer in place of the cashews.