Tired of the store-bought varieties? Try making your own tortilla chips with Lauren Hardy’s awesome recipe.
By Lauren Hardy
- 9 corn tortillas, torn into small pieces
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- Ground cumin and Kosher salt to taste
- Place the tortillas on a cutting board (you can stack them to make this step go faster). Cut the tortillas in half, then in half again so you have 4 quarters. Cut each quarter in half. You should have 8 triangles for each tortilla. Repeat, using the rest of the tortillas.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and lime juice. Brush both sides of the tortilla pieces with oil mixture and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with ground cumin and kosher salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in a preheated 350° oven, flipping halfway through.
Lauren Hardy is a writer, editor and self-taught, experimental foodie. By the time she was 6 years old, she had the Toll House Inn chocolate chip cookie recipe memorized and baked a variety of batches for her family each week. Her passion for cooking flourished during her college years.In addition to her writing aspirations, she hopes to own a bakery someday. You can follow her latest musings on her blog, "Making Life Sweet," at laurenhardy.com, where she blogs weekly about inspiration, food and faith.