Let your imagination run wild with this hearty soup that is perfect for holiday leftovers. Mix and match your favorite vegetables, pastas and dried beans to suit your taste.
By Diestel Turkey
Thoughtfully raised for four generations, the Diestel Turkey ranch love cooking with turkey, even the day after Thanksgiving. This soup recipe is a perfect way to feature any turkey leftovers you might have.
Let your imagination soar. Mix and match your favorite vegetables, pastas and dried beans to suit your taste.
Focusing on non-GMO growth techniques, the family ranch is committed to sustainable farming and raising of their birds. Click hear to learn more about where you can find their turkeys in time for the holidays.
- 1 Large Diestel turkey carcass
- 1 large onion, large chunks
- 3 carrots, large chunks
- 3 celery stalks and leaves, large chunks
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, 1? pieces
- 1-14.5 oz. can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 cup squash (zucchini, crookneck, etc.)
- 1 cup pasta (fusilli, penne)
- 1-15 oz. can Cannellini (white kidney beans, (rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese
- break up carcass and place in large pot. Add cold water to just cover, approximately 3 quarts. Add the next 5 ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat and, with lid ajar, simmer for 3 to 4 hours. Remove carcass from liquid. Strain broth and cool. Remove turkey from carcass. Degrease broth and discard bones and vegetables.
- to broth, add first 8 ingredients and turkey meat. Bring to Boil and cook for 15 minutes. Add squash, pasta and beans. Boil until pasta is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and pass the cheese.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.