Grilled Green Tomatoes bring spring and summer together with grill marks and bright green tomatoes.
By Carolyng Gomes
Crank it up a notch with Spicy Yellow Peppers Sauce, a mix of roasted sweet peppers, fresh jalapeño, parsley and sea salt for a combination that can’t be beaten!
- 2 large sweet peppers, yellow
- 3 green tomatoes
- ¼ jalapeño
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat grill pan on medium heat.
- Cut off tops of yellow peppers, quarter and add to grill pan. Cook until charred and softened. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Slice tomatoes ¼ inch thick.
- Brush one side of slices with oil and lay on grill pan, oiled side down. Cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Brush tops of tomatoes with remaining oil and flip.
- In a food processor add peppers, jalapeño and parsley. Blend until a sauce forms.
- Add salt and pepper to grilled tomatoes. Top with Spicy Yellow Pepper Sauce or serve on the side for dipping.