Grilled Green Tomatoes bring spring and summer together with grill marks and bright green tomatoes.
By Carolyng Gomes
Crank it up a notch with Spicy Yellow Peppers Sauce, a mix of roasted sweet peppers, fresh jalapeño, parsley and sea salt for a combination that can’t be beaten!
- 2 large sweet peppers, yellow
- 3 green tomatoes
- ¼ jalapeño
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat grill pan on medium heat.
- Cut off tops of yellow peppers, quarter and add to grill pan. Cook until charred and softened. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Slice tomatoes ¼ inch thick.
- Brush one side of slices with oil and lay on grill pan, oiled side down. Cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Brush tops of tomatoes with remaining oil and flip.
- In a food processor add peppers, jalapeño and parsley. Blend until a sauce forms.
- Add salt and pepper to grilled tomatoes. Top with Spicy Yellow Pepper Sauce or serve on the side for dipping.
Carolyng loves to eat, loves to cook and loves to eat more. To her a recipe is more a list of suggestions, saving time doesn’t mean sacrificing on flavor and when in doubt, a splash or two (well, a nice pour) of wine never hurts. Welcome to her Cocina Latina, where South American and Latin fusion dishes are always on the menu.