Enjoy a healthy and fresh green hummus.
By Marta Nadales
I’m sure most of you have tried -or heard about -hummus, a delicious vegetarian dip very common in the Mediterranean. Its main ingredients are chickpeas, Tahini (sesame seed paste), garlic and cumin seeds. It’s a frequent appetizer whenever I have friends around, and we love it!
However, when some of my guests told me they’d rather have something fresher I started thinking… I had just returned from my parents’ house and had brought some ripe avocados, so.. how about some green hummus? I reduced the amount of chickpeas, added avocados, more lemon and… tadaaaa..! a lighter and fresher hummus. Simply delicious!
- 400g chickpeas, boiled
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1,5 lemons
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon Tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for decoration
- 1 stick of celery
- 2 carrots
- A packet of cream crackers
- Wash and drain the chickpeas and add to the food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (don't forget to peel the avocados and throw away their bone) to the food processor and blend until creamy.
- Pour in a bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds and a lug of olive oil.
- Chop the carrots and celery into small sticks and serve with our dip.
- You can also eat it with some cream crackers.