Besides the fact that these gluten free brownies are pure magic, they are also topped with magic bar ingredients, like nuts, coconut and chocolate chips.
There are very few recipes I’m willing to turn my oven on for when it is 91 degrees outside. These loaded gluten free brownies happen to be one of them. They are sinfully good and make the extra heat in the house so worth it. Top with cold vanilla ice cream and I dare you to say anything is better. Heaven!
For the extra good loaded topping you can add whatever your heart desires. I choose to use what I had in my pantry – coconut, chocolate chips and walnuts. You could add gluten free pretzels, caramel, any variety of nuts, marshmallows. All of these would be very delicious choices.
These are perfectly gooey but hold their structure very well. I hate brownies that are too gooey or too cake-y, if you know what I mean. I find the cornstarch and almond flour really give these brownies great structure.
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper or grease lightly.
- In a small bowl combine chocolate chips and butter. Place in microwave until melted. Checking every 30 seconds.
- In a medium bowl whisk together cornstarch, almond flour, cocoa powder, salt and sugar.
- Whisk in eggs and melted chocolate.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Top with desired toppings.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before removing from the pan. Store in airtight container.