Make-ahead and marinate these cherry-flavored kebobs for at least 24 hours and it’s ready for half-time.
By Michelle Winner
You can grill the chicken or make Shish Kebobs with this easy make- ahead Marinade. This Chicken Cherry-teri Kebobs using Chukar Cherries Sour Cherry Pie & Cobbler Filling and your favorite teriyaki sauce is a winner. You can use the basic 5 ingredients or add zing with grated ginger and fresh garlic. You can even use the marinade on chicken thighs and wings to grill. It’s your call coach!
- 5 pounds chicken
- 1- 20.5 oz. jar of your favorite Teriyaki Sauce like Kikkoman Garlic & Green Onion
- 1-29.5 oz jar of Chukar Cherries Sour Cherry Pie & Cobbler Filling
- Optional to add to the marinade:
- ginger -(1tablespoon fresh grated or 1teaspoon ground powder)
- Garlic- 2 to 4 smashed or squeezed cloves
- Optional for garnish: toasted sesame seeds, green onions
- Pour equal parts Teri Sauce and Chukar Cherry Filling into a container that you can use to marinate ( glass preferred).
- You will have 9 oz. of cherries left to enjoy later!
- Using an immersion blender mix until smooth.
- If making kebobs cut your chicken into manageable size for skewers.
- Drop cleaned trimmed wings, thighs or breasts into the marinade.
- Marinate overnight in fridge, turning several times during that time.
- When ready to eat, assemble kebobs or get your plain chicken ready to grill.
- Heat grill or cook in pan on med-hi with olive oil
- Cook your chicken on one side then turn and baste with more sauce.
- Note: I cook down the marinade after I take the chicken out to grill.
- Boil it for a few minutes and serve as a sauce with your cooked chicken.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onions if desired.