Fruit Chaat is a popular street food of North India and Pakistan, featuring awesome textures, lightly spiced flavors and juicy fruits.
By Dassana Amit
Fruit Chaat is a popular street food of North India and Pakistan. Here the fruits are tossed with some spice powders and the result is a bowl of fresh fruits with a hint of spice and tang. They are quite different from your regular fruit salad. Also, along with fruits, tubers like sweet potatoes and regular potatoes are also added to the fruit chaat.
The spice powders that are mainly used are:
- chaat masala powder
- roasted cumin powder
- red chili powder
So what you get finally are awesome textures, lightly spiced flavors and juicy fruits. Not to forget the health benefits.
So spice up your fruits and prepare this delicious, sweet, spicy and tangy fruit chaat.
- 2 bananas, peeled & chopped
- 1 large alphonso mango, peeled & cubed
- 1 large apple, cubed
- 2-3 sweet potatoes, boiled, peeled & cubed
- 1 large potato, boiled, peeled, cubed or cubed & fried
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp black salt or more as required
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves for garnishing
- Rub the lemon juice on the banana and apple cubes.
- This is so that they don't get discolored and also gives a sour hint to the fruits.
- Mix the mangoes and sweet potatoes with the banana & apples.
- Chill in the refrigerator if you want or proceed further.
- Shallow fry the potatoes.
- Before serving mix the fried potatoes with the rest of the fruits.
- Add all the spice powders and black salt.
- Mix well.
- Serve garnished with some mint leaves.