Break out these frozen treats at your Labor Day gathering for sweet and nostalgic end to the summer.
By Denise Browning
- 4 full Graham cracker sheets
- About 2 cups marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- About 2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- Using your hands, roughly crumb the crackers and set aside in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, stir in the marshmallow creme and the heavy cream just until obtaining a homogeneous mixture. Set aside.
- Layer 8 (5-oz) paper cups with about ½ tablespoon of cracker crumbs. Spoon over about 2 tablespoons of the softened chocolate ice cream. Then, spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of the marshmallow mixture. Repeat layers once more. Finish with a few cracker crumbs on top. Insert one popsicle stick in the center of each cup. Freeze cups for at least 8 hours. Tear cups right before enjoying them.
Denise Browning is a native Brazilian foodie, trained Chef, cooking instructor, restaurant menu/recipe developer, and former lawyer. She is also the author of From Brazil To You - a blog that features Brazilian, fusion, and international dish recipes, stories, and photography of Brazil. Her writing has appeared in Cia Brasil Magazine, while her photography is frequently featured on Foodgawker, TasteSpotting, and Foodepix. She lives in Texas with her American husband and two children.