Fried Egg, Chilli and Tomato Spaghetti is simple fare but equally as delightful.
By Martyna Candrick
Mid-week dinners do not have to be complicated, but they must be tasty. And sometimes you just have to make do with whatever leftovers you may find at the back of your fridge. This meal is no exception, but it looks and tastes great. Stove to table in just 10 minutes.
I actually prefer the lightness of spaghettini (angel hair spaghetti) in this dish, but if you like your pasta slightly thicker, feel free to use traditional spaghetti.
- 120g (dry) spaghettini pasta
- 2 eggs
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1-2 tsp hot chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp oil
- salad greens
- shaved parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions (3-8 minutes depending on the type you use). In the meantime, prepare your eggs and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a medium fry pan over high heat. Crack in eggs, lower heat to medium and fry, sunny side up until the whites are set. Remove from pan and slice into strips.
- Return pan to heat and add cherry tomatoes, then using a pair of tongs, trasfer cooked pasta into the pan, add chilli flakes and stir-fry for another minute. Add shredded eggs and mix.
- Divide spaghetti between 2 bowls. Serve with some shaved parmesan and a side of salad greens if you wish.