This imaginative green smoothie includes classic fruits such as banana, avocado, kiwi, and dates. Foraged herbs bring this recipe to life.
Here’s something really fresh and new: green smoothies with wild herbs. Last weekend, I went home very happy with a bundle of dandelion, ashweed, and ground ivy. All of which can currently be found in parks and in the woods as well. With their grassy and bitter flavors, they are just a perfect addition to creamy and fruity green smoothies. Whenever I have a glass of this, any lethargy disappears within minutes.
When I mix green smoothies, I do it 1:1 fruits and greens and I add water at the end–no milk. But do whatever you like and be careful with the proportions of wild herbs and other greens.
- 2 small bananas, chopped
- ½ big avocado, chopped
- 4 dates, pitted
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 200 ml apple juice
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 big lettuce leaves, coarsely cut
- 1 small handfuls of wild herbs
- Put all ingredients into a blender and mix (you can also use a handheld-blender with enough power).
- Add as much water as you like – I prefer a more liquid consistency – and mix very well again for 30 to 60 seconds. Pour in glasses and decorate with edible flowers.