PARTNER POST – Get creative with any of Castello’s uniquely crafted cheeses. Click here for a $1 off coupon to create your own gourmet masterpiece.
These cheesy biscuits are super easy to make and take less than thirty minutes, from start to finish. Plus, they are loaded with tons of robust garlic flavor.
By Kelley Simmons
If I could have one thing for the rest of my life it would be these biscuits. Tender and fluffy on the inside, firm with a slight crunch on the outside. Super cheesy, these biscuits melt in your mouth and are loaded with tons of garlic flavor.
They are incredibly easy to make and taste amazing.
Let’s talk about the cheese. The Wild Garlic Havarti Cheese makes these biscuits. The cheese is soft, creamy and full of garlic flavor. It melts wonderfully in the biscuits.
The biscuits come out of the oven perfectly golden on the outside, dripping with our homemade garlic herb butter. If you love garlic you will love these biscuits. There is garlic in the batter, in the cheese and drizzled on top.
I make my own buttermilk using fresh squeezed lemon juice and milk. It is so much better and cheaper than buying store bought buttermilk.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ stick of unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup Havarti Wild Garlic Cheese
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and garlic powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Stir milk and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Sit for 5-10 minutes or until milk begins to curdle.
- Add butter to the buttermilk mixture and stir to combine.
- Add buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and fold gently.
- Fold in the cheese.
- Scoop ¼ cup of the batter onto a baking sheet lined with a silicon baking mat. (If you have trouble getting the batter out of the measuring cup simply spray with non-stick cooking spray).
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- As soon as the biscuits come out of the oven drizzle with garlic herb butter.
- Serve immediately. They are best served warm.
- Combine all three ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside until ready to use.