- 4 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 3 cups leftover steamed or roasted fall vegetables
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (divided, plus more for frying eggs)
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled and minced, divided)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (quartered)
- 6 eggs
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed potatoes and vegetables.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes until translucent. Add half the garlic and cook 2 more minutes. Scrape sautéed vegetables into the mashed potato mixture and stir to combine. If needed, season with salt and black pepper to taste. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- While onion is cooking, saute the mushrooms. Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet on medium heat. Add garlic and cook 60 seconds. Add mushrooms and cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and have released their liquid. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in the cleaned large skillet on medium-high heat. Using a cup measure, take 6 scoops of potato mixture and form into patties. Place in the hot skillet and cook 5 minutes per side until well browned.
- While potato patties are cooking, fry eggs in olive oil.
- Serve potato patties topped with a scoop of sautéed mushrooms and a fried egg.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: European